Go Faster and Burn Less Fuel. It doesn't seem real, but it is.
With a PWC dependable turbine engine at the very heart of our conversion, we feel confident we have chosen the safest and most efficient engine available for the versatility the DHC-3 requires.
Pratt and Whitney provides a 6000 hour “out of the box” TBO with provisions to
extend to 8000 hour TBO. Ideal for year round operations with higher hours of
• Reduced emissions from prior PT6A models
• Modern Pratt and Whitney single crystal turbine blade technology. Eliminates metal grain and lessens the potential for blade cracking. Updated protective coating on turbine blades also provides enhanced corrosion resistance in comparison to previous PT6A models.
• Calendar life extension from prior conversions from 12 years to 15 years for the -140A
• Pratt and Whitney uses the latest technology and greener materials in their manufacturing processes.
• All duplex nozzles for cooler engine starts and for ease of removal and installation for regular maintenance. *Aerotech now provides fuel nozzle cleaning services
• Robust Woodward FCU incorporated on other larger PT6A engines
• Torque limiter installation to reduce pilot workload
• Up to 14% fuel reduction in fuel consumption has been repeatedly demonstrated in a commercial seaplane operational setting.
• The average Canadian commute is 30 minutes, and an SUV will use about 6 Liters of fuel. Every hour flown with the Aerotech installation is roughly equal to removing four Canadian driven SUVs off the road each day when compared to other PT6A
• Light weight cowl mounting ring for reduced overall weight and ease of engine access.
•Carbon Fiber Scoops
•Camloc installation for quick removal of cowls
•Aerotech Industries exhaust stacks producing higher forward thrust and a more streamlined look. Reduction in soot accumulation compared to other conversions.
•Concorde battery installation with dual or single options to fit your specific needs (C of G/Cold weather/cost efficiency) All Concorde batteries result in a weight reduction from prior comparable Gill battery installations. Concorde batteries are no maintenance/single life batteries.
•Engine Mount Color options available-certain colors recommended for ease of inspection and custom look.
•900 HP conversions built and tested to the latest North American aviation standards (TCCA and TBD FAA)
Our AeroTech Sales Team is available to answer your questions and provide you with a savings forecast dependent on your operational needs.